Information for Attendees Regarding Meeting Conduct
The American Association of Immunologists (AAI) is committed to ensuring that IMMUNOLOGY 2017TM provides a safe and welcoming environment for all regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation/preference, age, or disability. Please alert the AAI Office or any AAI staff member if you believe that you have been subject to, or have witnessed, any behavior of concern. To report a crime or other emergency, alert Washington Convention Center Security (dial 3333 from any in-house phone or 202-249-3333 from a cell phone or outside line).
Prohibited behavior includes the following:
- Physical assault (including unwelcome touching or groping)
- Unwelcome or uninvited attention or contact
- Real or implied threat of physical harm
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning speech or actions
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation/preference, age, or disability
- Inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides)
- Harassing photography or taking identifying photos of someone without their express permission
- Photographing oral presentations and/or posters
- Recording scientific or other sessions
- Disruption of scientific sessions or other events
- Entering the meeting area or sessions without registering or wearing a meeting badge
- Sharing or borrowing meeting badges
- “Crashing” an “invitation only” event
- Failing to present an accepted poster during its assigned poster and/or oral presentation time, or otherwise failing to abide by poster guidelines. Submission of an abstract to the AAI annual meeting constitutes a commitment by the author(s) to scientifically defend their work in the format assigned (poster, oral presentation, or both). Failure to present will result in the abstract being withdrawn from publication. Any author who cannot be present at the assigned time must formally withdraw the poster and abstract before May 11, 2017.
AAI reserves the right to remove any individual engaging in the above-described behavior from all further activities at (or associated with) IMMUNOLOGY 2017TM, without refund, and/or from future AAI-sponsored meetings, and to report serious violations to local law enforcement.