Press Policies & Guidelines
AAI provides complimentary press registration to members of the working press with appropriate press credentials, and to working freelance journalists who wish to attend IMMUNOLOGY 2017™. To register, individuals must send a copy of their Letter of Assignment along with their contact information to email@example.com.
The following individuals are eligible for press registration:
- Reporters, writers, producers, and editors as well as photographers and videographers with staff credentials from newspapers, magazines, online news services, wire services, and radio or television networks and stations
- Freelancers with assignment letters from editors of established, verifiable media outlets (Letters of Assignment must appear on the publication’s official letterhead.)
- Freelancers with at least one bylined article/report published online, in print, or broadcast by an established, verifiable media outlet during the six months prior to the meeting
- Online news services or online outlets that provide daily or weekly coverage of health and science
- Science bloggers who frequently comment about research, health issues, careers in science, or STEM education will be considered on a case by case basis.
To register, please send a copy of your letter of assignment along with your contact information (including the media outlet’s website) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following individuals are not eligible for complimentary press registration:
- Writers, editors, and public relations professionals affiliated with exhibitors
- Public affairs staff from any association or organization
- Industry representatives or financial/industry analysts
- Writers and editors for industry publications and websites
- Scholarly journal editorial staff or publishers
- Representatives from journals that do not have a featured section or media outlet that reports news from the community at large
- Representatives of public relations firms and the public relations/communications offices of industry, academic, government, and nonprofit organizations
The above individuals must register as regular attendees and pay the required registration fee regardless of affiliation with a news or trade media organization, contracted exhibitor, scientific journal, or publishing company.
AAI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine an individual’s eligibility for press registration.
Members of the working press whose applications for press credentials are approved in advance of the meeting must pick up their press badges and meeting materials at the registration desk upon arrival at the meeting.
Press badges allow access to scientific sessions and the exhibit floor. Badges do not grant access to private or ticketed events, to committee or private meetings, or to the AAI office or other private areas. AAI reserves the right to request a member of the press leave an area of its meeting space.
Press who plan to register on site should bring identification, staff credentials, assignment letters, and/or bylined articles.
While at IMMUNOLOGY 2017™, press must:
- Wear or display their official AAI press badge at all times while on site
- Not exchange, loan, or borrow IMMUNOLOGY 2017™ press badges. Individuals who do so will be required to leave the meeting
- Follow the same camera/recording policy as regular IMMUNOLOGY 2017™ attendees, which is:
Attendees may not take still images or make audio-video recordings on any camera including those on mobile phones or tablets, in meeting session rooms, on the Exhibit Hall floor, or in poster/oral presentations.
All abstracts, posters, presentations, symposia, and scientific and invited sessions at IMMUNOLOGY 2017™ will be embargoed until the date and start time of presentation at the meeting. This means that press registrants may not publish any information about work being presented at the meeting until the date and start time of the presentation. By applying for press credentials, you are agreeing to adhere to all embargoes.
Approved press pass holders are asked to provide AAI with copies of all articles written about presentations, scientists, programs, or other activities held during or pertaining to IMMUNOLOGY 2017™.